Companies need to be able to adapt and innovate in near real time to keep pace with ever-changing demands and customer needs. One of the most promising technology combinations to meet these requirements is the fusion of low code and cloud computing. In this article, we highlight the benefits of this combination.
Our understanding of enterprise low code
There are big differences in the existing low code approaches. Some providers make platforms available as closed ecosystems in which users can click together small apps and publish them. This modular principle has the advantage that results are visible very quickly. However, only a limited complexity can be mapped. Our own low code platform A12, on the other hand, is designed as an open platform with which different solution approaches can be flexibly selected.
If we imagine the software development process like a production line, then different stations require different degrees of variability. Sometimes prefabricated building blocks that are reused one-to-one are enough. Sometimes we have to parameterise the building blocks and make them configurable in order to be able to map the necessary variability. Then there are cases that are highly complex but do not come up again and again. Here, individual implementation is the best way.
So we call an enterprise low code platform a problem-appropriate approach that combines the development options outlined above. Low code where possible and sensible; individual development where necessary.
Cloud computing: Unlimited resources and scalability
Cloud computing is changing the way businesses use IT resources. Instead of operating costly data centres of their own, they can access cloud platforms to obtain computing power, storage space and a variety of services. This not only enables cost savings, but also flexible scalability. Depending on requirements, the infrastructure in the cloud can be easily adapted.
Making the connection: Low Code and Cloud Computing
The combination of low code development and cloud computing offers many advantages:
- Faster time to market: with low code, applications can be developed very quickly in many cases. By using the cloud, deployment can be done in real time, greatly accelerating the innovation cycle.
- Cost savings: Because companies in the cloud only pay for the resources they actually use, they can take advantage of economies of scale and avoid high investment costs in their own infrastructures.
- Scalability: The flexible nature of the cloud allows companies to expand or reduce their resources as needed without having to make major changes to the infrastructure.
- Reliability and security: Cloud providers invest significant resources in security and redundancy measures that would often be prohibitively expensive for businesses. This ensures a robust and secure environment for low code applications.
- Collaborative development: Low code platforms enable smooth collaboration between development teams, while cloud computing ensures widespread access to application resources. This promotes shared accountability, transparency and rapid iterations during the development process.
- Lower technical debt: Low code platforms such as A12 dramatically reduce technical debt and ensure applications comply with the latest standards and technologies.
- Global reach: With the cloud, applications can be deployed globally without much effort. This allows companies to enter new markets and serve customers worldwide.
The merging of low code and cloud computing is changing the way companies do IT projects. Companies are finding this combination an efficient solution to drive business success, reduce costs and increase flexibility. We look forward to accompanying you on this exciting journey.